Sunday, January 27, 2013

let's start at the very beginning, a very fine place to start...

I became sufficiently inspired (or mortified... but more on that later) a few nights ago to start this blog as a creative outlet for something I dearly love to do as well as a tool to try and get a little more organized, specifically in regards to my cookbooks and various clippings and printouts of recipes.

It all began with this photo of my coffee table, cluttered and defiled with little orphan recipes, most of which had come to live with me after a mouthwatering, pupil dilating foray into the deep world of internet food blogs and Pinterest.


To be perfectly honest, this was after almost an hour of sorting, clipping, obsessing, shuffling piles to make a clear space for Jason to eat, etc.

At any rate, there are a few things I'm nervous about in regards to trying to start yet another blog. As I've learned from past attempts, I'm not very good with the follow-through. That is, I don't tend to keep up with writing new posts as often as I should, and that statistic really falls exponentially after about a month or so into the process.

I'm also worried that my initial goal for this blog will morph completely into something it wasn't really intended to be, but lets be honest, if I still manage to keep this thing up past May with any kind of regularity, I'll call it a win.

So after all of the introductions, you may still be wondering what exactly my purpose is here. Well I'd be happy to tell you! *drum roll*

I have created this blog to accomplish two things:
1.) I intend to try and organize the tornado of printed, cut/torn from magazine/newspaper and hand-written recipes into some semblance of a workable database from which, in the undetermined future, I can print out a nice-looking, possibly well-bound cookbook that I might someday be proud to hand down to my still fictional offspring. Haha, sounds creepy that way.
2.) I would really like to set a goal to cook anywhere from 1-3 meals per week. For most, it doesn't seem like much perhaps, but when it's just the two of us in the house and a homecooked meal generally yields almost 3 days of leftovers (in between the other meals supplemented by takeout or mindless grazing, or just plain skipping meals).

Anyhow, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. So wish me luck on my adventure back into the world of blogging, hope to see my "followers" list grow and grow and grow (if for no other reason than to motivate me to keep on posting). :)

Cheers!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment